“Discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness.”
(1 Timothy 4:7)
Prayer — God molding me.
- NOT getting my way with God.
- BUT God conforming my heart to His own.
Solitude — God quieting me.
- NOT simply resting from my activities.
- BUT God stilling my soul.
Fasting — God focusing me.
- NOT manipulating God.
- BUT God removing distractions from my life.
Scripture — God speaking to me.
- NOT hearing what I want God to say.
- BUT God sharing His mind with me.
Writing — God clarifying me.
- NOT writing down my ideas.
- BUT God revealing what He is doing.
Fellowship — God touching me.
- NOT expecting others to meet my needs.
- BUT God channeling His life through me.
Obedience — God delighting in me.
- NOT doing what I must.
- BUT joining God in what He is doing.
Suffering — God refining me.
- NOT simply enduring pain.
- BUT God forging character in me.